CTE – Newly Constructed Three Bedroom Home to be Moved
June 20 @ 6:30 pm
Spectacular Newly Constructed Three Bedroom Ranch Style Home to be Moved
We will offer the following newly constructed home to be moved at public auction, with the auction to be held at the Career & Technical Education Academy located at 4700 W. Career Circle, Sioux Falls, SD; located from the Russell St. Exit #81 on 1-29 approx. ½ mile west on Maple St. & approx. ¾ mile south on Terry Ave., then approx. ¼ mile east on Career Ave.; or from the Madison St. Exit #80 on 1-29 – approx. ¼ mile west on Madison St., then approx. ¼ mile north on Terry Ave. & ¼ mile east on Career Ave to the House Site at the NE Corner of Career & Technical Education Academy Complex. All interested parties will enter through the main doors of the Academy and will be directed to the auction site. Parking is available in the south or west parking lot.
TUESDAY EVENING, JUNE 20, 2023 – SALE TIME: 6:30 PM
VIEWING & OPEN HOUSE DATES: Tues. May 23rd from 4:00 to 7:00 PM, Wed. May 31st from 6:00 to 8:00 PM; Wed. June 7th from 6:00 to 8:00 PM & Sat. June 10th from 2:00 to 4:00 PM or by Appointment Arranged with Nick Opdahl – ph. 605-270-4175
This auction presents a terrific opportunity to purchase a quality constructed upscale caliber home inclusive of features not commonly offered in other pre-constructed homes, as many of the construction techniques and aesthetic features utilized including custom ceiling texture effects, trayed ceilings, and a stoned faced fireplace are just a few of the items that were incorporated into this home in order to allow the students a broadened construction training experience. If you are looking for a terrific home to purchase and locate on the site of your choice, then don’t miss the opportunity to inspect this home and make plans to be in attendance at this auction. **Note- this home was constructed fully indoors and out of the elements and is located inside of the house construction building at the NE corner of the Academy.**
This auction presents an opportunity to purchase a quality constructed 3 bedroom 2 ½ bath home built by the students enrolled in the building trades program at the CTE Academy under the supervision of Nick Opdahl and Jim Claassen. This home has been built inside the CTE carpentry shop, where it has been constructed inside and out of the elements from start to finish. This new quality ready-built custom home has approx. 1,938 total square feet featuring a vaulted rather open and aesthetic main living area and other quality features. The general floor plan of the home includes a covered porch, a front entry w/insulated entrance door and glass panel which leads to a foyer w/coat closet, an open living, dining and kitchen with a vaulted ceiling above the living area; the living area also features a stone faced gas fireplace and built-in plant shelves with additional shadow boxes and an open decorative metal ballast railing located around the future basement stairway; the dining area has an open view with an Anderson French door; the kitchen has ample custom birch cabinets and counter space with a centered work/eating island, as well as a large pantry; there is a convenient main floor laundry with a half bath situated off the kitchen and next to the side entrance; the home features a beautiful master bedroom which features a custom stamped ceiling with a trayed ceiling with rope lighting and has a large walk-in closet with a Closet Pros Inc. organizing system; the second and third bedrooms have a closet and the hallway has a linen closet; furthermore, there are 2 spacious full baths and a large ceramic tiled walk-in shower. (floorplan available for inspection at the house site or at (www.suttonauction.com). Other features include interior solid core 2 panel doors, Anderson 400 Series Windows, Component Mfg. 26″ floor trusses and 12″ energy heal rafters, 2″x6″ sidewalls, 7/16″ OSB sheathing wrapped with house wrap, 3/4” T&G OSB floor sheeting, Owens-Corning insulation w/R21 in the walls and R54 in the ceiling. Additionally, the interior of the home features a crows foot drywall finish throughout that was professionally finished by Sands Wall Systems, the custom island and cabinetry in the kitchen and baths w/soft close doors were constructed by Cornerstone Cabinetry, attractive Patriot lighting is installed throughout and the vinyl plank flooring and carpeting was provided through Thornton Flooring. This home includes a full set of Whirlpool stainless steel finished kitchen appliances including a 25-cu. ft. side by side refrigerator., smooth top elec. stove, comb. microwave/hood and white Amana top load washer and elec. dryer that were provided through Karl’s. The exterior of the home has LP prefinished dark gray vertical/lap siding, black windows and cedar tone LP shakes and CertainTeed Weathered Wood shingles. All bldg. materials for the home were provided through Colton Lumber Company. All Electrical and plumbing were provided through Frisbee’s and is installed through the floor level. This is a well-designed and quality constructed home which was built to meet or exceed all local building codes with this home being ready to move and set on a foundation at the site of your choice!
TERMS: Cash – 10% down date of sale and the balance before removal on or before August 4, 2023. Total bid to be subject to South Dakota and City Sales Tax totaling 6.2%. Purchaser to pay all moving costs. House must be moved from the site by Aug. 31, 2023. Sale Subject to complete terms as published in the Argus Leader on May 18 & 25, 2023. The building will be sold AS IS – WHERE IS, without any warranty whatsoever. THERE IS NO WARRANTY OR MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. The sale is subject to complete Terms and Conditions of Sale which are available for review prior to the auction and which will be reviewed at the auction and incorporated into the purchase contract. The terms may not be varied except in a written agreement executed by appropriate officers of the District. The School District reserves the right to reject any and all bids or parts thereof, and to waive any irregularities. Sold subject to confirmation of the School District and/or their designee. The home may be inspected at the Open Houses or by appointment. For further information or to arrange a personal showing, contact Nick Opdahl at ph. 605-270-4175 or email him at Nicholas.firstname.lastname@example.org
SIOUX FALLS SCHOOL DISTRICT, No. 49-5
CHUCK SUTTON – Auctioneer & Land Broker – Sioux Falls, SD – ph. 605-336-6315 &
JARED SUTTON, CAI – Auctioneer & RE Broker Assoc. – Flandreau, SD – ph. 605-864-8527
CONDITIONS OF SALE
SALE OF PROPERTY “AS IS”. \
1. Said property is sold “AS IS – WHERE IS”, without any warranty whatsoever. THERE IS NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Property may be sold to highest bidder, subject to the confirmation of the Sioux Falls School District 49-5.
- Successful bidder shall pay ten percent (10%), cash or check payable to the Sioux Falls School District 49-5 immediately upon being awarded the bid at the auction sale. Such deposit shall beforfeited to and retained by the seller as liquidated damages in the event that the remaining terms of the sale set forth herein are not fully and unconditionally performed by the successful bidder in a timely manner.
- Total bid price will be subject to South Dakota and City sales tax totaling 6.20 percent (6.2%).
- The purchaser(s) must pay the remaining ninety percent (90%) and 6.2% sales tax by bank draft money order or cashier’s check and shall receive the bill of sale no later than August 4, 2023.
- Property must be removed on or before August 31, 2023 at the purchaser( s) expense.
- All moving permits and or fees required by City Ordinance must be obtained and paid for by the successful bidder.
- Moving of the house cannot begin until personal checks have cleared the bank.
- After the sale on June 20, 2023, the successful bidder is solely responsible for damages which may occur to his or her property due to vandalism, fire, wind, etc. The seller assumes no responsibility toprotect the property or insuring it against damages.
- The successful bidder is responsible for accident claims as a result of moving the property. The seller will not be liable in any way.
- The seller reserves the right to reject any and all bids or parts thereof, and to waive any irregularities.